Sunday, May 2, 2010

Re-evaluating Ourselves

Its been a long time since I have been wanting to discuss some things and finally get some time to do so.
Last week was particularly hectic with all those MC and MM presentations. We got our grades for our MC presentations and I do not know why, but groups from Section B got poorer grades than groups from Section A. Only that this time, there weren't any mails written or long discussions about partiality and cheating as were done in HRM.
Is it that mails are written and faculty approached only when they care to hear us out thinking we have some genuine concerns. Just because Prof Nivedita Kothiyal would listen to our concerns and react, we would send her long mails while Prof K.V Raju or so many others wouldn't even care to listen.
I do not wish to pass judgements on whether students in section A (or B) cheat or not. Nor am I saying complaining against such acts is wrong.


All that I wish to say, is that we be more liberal and care to listen each other out before taking such steps or accusing one another. We label our faculty as great and what not, but do we really practice what they teach (or preach) when it really matters?
I wouldn't think so, especially after what I have been seeing in the last few months (especially in Jatra)!   

No comments: