Tuesday, July 6, 2010

IHLS -- The review (Part 1)

Well, there are no blogs on this forum for so long and im waiting for the clock to strike 6 so that i can begin my long journey back to the IRMA hostel. What can be a better combination to put on some random words which are hovering on the mind for a long period of time. Im a movie buff and had been since my mummy stopped changing my nappies. I still remember deabting with my good friend Lokesh the pros and cons of classics like Pyaasa, Kaagaz ke phool etc and dissecting every detail that we could think of. Those were some days!!!
I think thats enough self boasting for the time. To cut the long story short, writing a film review was on my mind for a very long time and today i have gathered enough courage to start with it. First of all, since you have decided to read this post, let me give a piece of my mind as to what a review should ideally be like. I feel that the review should ideally be about... the film! Some of the reviewers tend to diverge into unrelated matters while reviewing the film and try to connect past performances of the lead actors and their personal lfe to their current performances. Then there is the cost-benefit analysis the reviewers do before they publish the reviews on varoius medius. The comparison of the cost of hurting a very big producer/director whose work may not match his previous standards vs the benefit of getting into the good books of an incredibly lavish producer/director who could help the reviewer enjoy a nice weekend trip with his wife at chinchpokli/alibaug with all the facilities may force a reviewer to be mild in his/her criticisms for a film. And then there is always personal biases which hamper the truthfuless of the film reviews.
Well....i think a siren has souded somewhere and someone said in his typical baritone voice "Samay samapti ki ghosna" . This means the time has come to take leave and hurry up before my queen leaves me alone. If you are guessing something fishy, its gujarat queen i am taking about. My second home for the last 40 days. I will finish the rest of the blog at IRMA and try to present an unbiased view about the movie IHLS. Till then (if anyone still has the patience to read this), GOOD DAY!!!

1 comment:

swetapadma said...

But where is d review part??